Meet the Owners!
Hello, my name is Jennifer Range. I have been married to my college sweetheart, Mike, for 26 years. I have been a high school special education teacher for the past 12 years. Prior to that, I was a middle school social studies teacher. Mike works in the world of finance.
We have four children. Our oldest, James, is 24. He is a graduate of University of Illinois Springfield where he studied Criminal Justice and was a pitcher for the baseball team. Our second child, Scott is 23. Scott was diagnosed with autism just before his 3rd birthday. Scott attends a day program 3 days a week in a nearby town. The other 2 days, he hangs out at home with his dad. Our third child, Joseph, is a junior at University of Kentucky. He is studying finance and economics. Bringing up the rear of the Range train is our princess, Brigid. Brigid is a senior in high school. We are thrilled to become part of the We Rock the Spectrum family. Mike and I have been athletic all of our lives and so have our kids.
I knew as soon as I read about the We Rock the Spectrum gyms that I needed to be part of this organization. What a wonderful opportunity for all children to play together. We feel it is a perfect way to offer a much needed service in our community and also give help, guidance and support to families who are affected by autism. We definitely don’t have all of the answers but we have experienced quite a bit in the past 20 years and want to help in any way we can. We are so excited to begin our journey with We Rock the Spectrum!!
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination