Meet the Owners!
My name is Joey and I graduated from SIUE with a degree in Early Childhood Education in 2017. I began work as an Early Childhood Special Education teacher at a school in Belleville and have worked there for the last 4 years. In my experience as a special education teacher, I have written IEPs, helped families connect with resources and therapies in the community, and have been a huge advocate for my students and families in the classroom.
Eric currently works as an operator at the Woodriver Refinery. When we heard about the opportunity to become owners, we were excited to bring back We Rock the Spectrum to the Edwardsville community! We know what a great resource this mission is to the community and couldn’t imagine the kiddos not having their special place to go to that belongs not only to them, but the entire family.
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination